Our lives are incredibly busy. Maybe even chaotic. Between taking care of our children, schoolwork, working from home, even homeschooling, maintaining the household, connecting with family - and everything in between - the burnout is inevitable. Oftentimes, taking care of yourself is a distant afterthought. But how do we find the power in parenthood if our power reserve is running on empty? What can parents do to realize the importance of self care in our everyday life? How does Islam promote self care? Dr. Abdallah Rothman joined Noor Kids' 'Powerful Parenting Speaker Series' to discuss:
- What is self care?
- How has the idea of self care evolved in today’s world?
- What does Islam say about self care?
- Self care as ibadah and as self love
- How can parents begin to prioritize self care?
- 3 practical steps to self care